In honor of National Military Appreciation Month, USO Las Vegas is asking all Southern Nevadans to join us in honoring our military neighbors, friends, relatives, and even service members whom they’ve never met, by participating in USO Las Vegas’ month-long Military Appreciation Month Campaign
This May, show your gratitude for the sacrifice and service of our Armed Forces.
“Our military does so much for us,” said USO Center Director Tim Mullin. “Now it’s our turn to return the favor. With help from the local community, USO Las Vegas can build lasting memories for the more than 11,000 active duty service members plus National Guard, Reservist and their families who live in the Southern Nevada community.
Throughout the month of May, USO Las Vegas will be raising funds and collecting in-kind donations to support its morale-boosting and family-strengthening programs. Below is a list of how YOU can get involved:
• SIGN AND DONATE a $1, $3, or $5 USO Pinup card to show your support for our troops by visiting any Crazy Pita Rotisserie & Grill, Remedy’s, Distill, Elixir bars/restaurants, or Redneck Riviera Bar and Grill locations, and Jersey Mikes Subs locations at 8410 W. Cheyenne, 9540 W. Flamingo Road, or 10520 S. Eastern Ave.
• DONATE any amount by visiting any Essence Cannabis Dispensary, Liquor Library or Hudson News location.
• DROP OFF USO Las Vegas wish list items at any of the 6 Remedy’s, Distill, Elixir bars/restaurants!
• PURCHASE either a new subscription to the Las Vegas Review Journal; the LVRJ will donate $5 back to the USO Las Vegas for every new subscription sold in May or food from Papa John’s Pizza location using promo code “USOLV40” for 40% of your bill; 10% will be donated back to USO Las Vegas.
• TAKE A RIDE with Lyft! USO is the exclusive nonprofit partner to launch Lyft’s new Round Up & Donate program! USO will be the only charity featured in May in recognition of Military Appreciation Month. Opt in to round up all your rides in the Lyft App (on Android devices starting May 1st, 2017 and iOS starting soon) and Lyft will round up the change on all your rides to the nearest dollar and donate the difference to the USO! For example, the USO will receive 75 cents for a $12.25 ride! For more information go to uso.org/lyft.
• THANK a local service member on social media by tagging @USOLasVegas and using the #USOLV and #BeTheForce hashtags for a chance to win $75 Amazon Gift Card!
Please help spread the word! Share our message on social media tagging @USOLasVegas and using #USOConnects, #USOLV and/or #BeTheForce
Sample Facebook Posts (Ideal photo size is 1200x900 pixels) • We’re supporting our troops and their families through a partnership with @USOLasVegas. Join us during Military Appreciation Month to say thanks to our military! #USOConnects #USOLV #BeTheForce • Join us and #BeTheForce this May in honor of Military Appreciation Month as we support @USOLasVegas and their mission of strengthening America’s service members by keeping them connected to family, home and country through morale-boosting and family strengthening programs. #USOConnects #USOLV
Sample Twitter Posts (Ideal photo size is 1024x512 pixels) • Proud to #BeTheForce with @USOLasVegas during #MilitaryAppreciationMonth. #USOConnects our #troops to family, home and country! #BeTheForce • Join us and help @USOLasVegas connect our #troops & #military families through #MilitaryAppreciationMonth
More from USO
From Stateside to Afghanistan and Back, the USO is Always By Their Side
It’s finally 5 p.m. on base.
USO West Region Newsletter
USO West recently released the latest edition of its quarterly newsletter, Keeping Connected, providing information about our USO services,…
West Region Quarterly Newsletter
USO West is proud to release our first newsletter, Keeping Connected, providing information about our USO services, programming and outreac…